Monday 6 April 2009

Photocall Day!


Yay!

The photo call was great! I'm not going to lie, it was one of the most stressful things I have ever done! I had to co-ordinate everyone, setting up the desks and making sure everyone knew what was happening as well as going to collect deliveries from Dave!

3 photographers turned up! Including one that Amy Maclaren had organised to come along, she was fantastic and had some really interesting ideas regarding the photos!



Everything was set up, photographers in place and they started clicking away taking photos and it was decided that a celebrity was really necessary to make it a success. Luckily Emily got on the case and stood outside the capital FM HQ and came across the lovely Fay Ripley who kindly agreed to don a t-shirt and have her picture taken which was fantastic! She was really interested in the campaign and thought it was a great idea!




We all packed away the donor desks and then I received a phonecall from someone called Melissa Bell. She asked if we had finished as she had only just seen the email inviting her to the photo call. I was a bit confused (as I hadn't invited her) I said awww we've just packed up and I think I am on my way to a meeting now! She then spoke to another lady who came to be in the photoshoot and everything started to click... Melissa Bell was the lead singer of Soul 2 Soul and the mother of Alexandra Burke, who also happens to be waiting for a kidney transplant!!! She said she would be there in 15 minutes and so we got the desk set up again ready for another round of pictures - the only problem was there were no photographers, they had all gone! We quickly rang round and the lovely Holly Cocker came back as she is a superb photographer and thankfully hadn't gone too far!




So no celebs at the start of the day and by the end 2! yay! The pictures turned out great and the photocall was a huge success. Thanks to everyone who turned up Lynne, Maribel, Holly, Oli, Sarah, Helen, Abby, Molly, Audrey and of course the lovely Emily, I couldn't have done it without her! She was really good at calming me down and really good at taking control when I was in a bit of a fluster!



I then got the chance to have another chance to chat to Amy who prepped me for my GMTV interview that was planned for the next day! That put me at ease a little and was a great practice run! I also caught up with my mentor Oli Barrett who I was relieved to see as he had been away in America and we had only really chatted via email. We finalised some details for the next day (Donor Day) and discussed media interest in Donor Day.

In the afternoon I got the chance to visit the drinks venue Adam Street again, everytime I see it I get more and more excited about it! I was hoping to go back to the hotel for a rest, but Battlefront wanted to film my nervousness the day before Donor Day... The camera lady didn't leave till 10.30 and I still had to wash my hair and get up at 5.30 for GMTV....

No comments:

Post a Comment