We need to get people together for a rather awesome photocall! This is to promote my Battlefront campaign called "The Gift Of Life" and the photo will be made available to all National Media.
WHEN IS IT?
Monday 6th April at 11am
The Green in Leicester Square, London.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
People! Particularly those affected by transplant, and especially anyone currently waiting for a transplant.
WHAT DO YOU WANT PEOPLE TO DO?
Have their picture taken with the Donor Desk - which will be set up in Leicester Square!
WHY DO IT?
In order to create an image that the papers will want to use, we need lots of people! PLEASE if you possibly can, come and support this huge push for Organ Donor Awareness. Can't come but know someone who might? Pass it on! Thanks!
I will need to do some updating on the Blog but I am so busy with preparations for Donor Day this may have to wait till its all over and I can do it in retrospect!
In short... highlights this week
- Going to London
- Getting quotes of support from Connie Fisher and Nina Wadia
- Meeting all of the other Battlefront campaigners
- Meeting Ed Balls
- Chatting to Esther Rantzen about my campaign
- Doing a speech in front of about 60ish people (including Ed and Esther)
- Meeting up with one of my Mentors Amy Maclaran from Colman Getty
- Meeting Steve @ designers Dave from dave.biz
- Seeing the Venue for the Donor Day Drinks night - Adam Street, Private Members Club (very swish)
Media stuff to watch out for...
- in the Metro
- in the Guardian Online
- in the Warrington Guardian
- and..... GMTV
- They are filming a bit at home with me tomorrow and then I will hopefully be live on the couch on the morning of Donor Day (Next Tuesday)
Obviously none of the media stuff is a dead cert as it depends on news stories that come in etc. Will keep you updated and I promise to do a more indepth Blog next week! Wish me look for the Photo Call and Donor Day! Arghhhhh less than a week!
WATCH THIS SPACE!