Tuesday 16 June 2009

My Sisters Keeper

Some of you may have read the book, I have and it is one of the best books I have ever read... a real page turner!

I don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't read it, it tells the tale of a loving family where the child is very ill and it deals with the impact that this has on the whole family. It goes on to highlight the difference that bone marrow donation and organ donation can have on an individual , a family and on society.

A film is now being released on 26th June and a friend of mine had the great idea of writing to cinemas to ask them to display leaflets and organ donation registration forms. I emailed all the big companies and wrote 20 letters in total, I have 8 cinemas confirm that they will be willing to do this which is great, and I am hoping for more. I actually got sent through 2 guest passes to go and see any film at one particular cinema as the person I wrote to must have thought I was fundraising, I wrote back to the lady and said that she may have misunderstood and enclosed some leaflets as well, so hopefully she will display these too!

So these are the confirmed ones so far...

Hollywood Cinema
Lowestoft

Hollywood Cinema
Dereham

Hollywood Cinema
Norfolk,

CENTRAL CINEMA
Fakenham,

Hollywood Cinema
Suffolk,

Hollywood Cinema
Norwich

Hollywood Cinema
Ipswich

Cornerhouse
Manchester

And hopefully the cinema that sent me the guest passes will confirm too...

Odeon Cinema
Trafford Centre
Manchester

Will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment