Thursday 31 July 2008

I got the date for my procedure on my arm... wait for it... 4th September!!! Aggggeeees away so no need to get nervous yet! At least I know now when it is though, I hate not knowing, which is ironic as I don't know when or if I'll receive a transplant, it's just a waiting game! I'm an impatient person and my sister-in-laws pregnancy seems to have gone on forever!

Only 20 days to go till I'm an Auntie! I'm getting really excited now and can't wait to meet the little one! I even felt her kick the other day which was amazing, although it did freak me out a little bit, especially when I actually saw Fiona's tummy move!

Yesterday afternoon I decided to treat my Mum and Dad and take them to the cinema to see Mama Mia! It was fantastic, I loved it, I could have watched it again straight away (sad I know) it's not everyone's cup of tea but hey it was certainly mine and my Mum's (and even my dad's although he won't admit it out loud!)

Had a busy day today babysitting Peter (my mum's friends son) who is 2 now, we spent the day running round and playing with "choo choo" trains! Fiona then came round and we all went out for a pub lunch to our local, which had a bouncy castle for the kids to go on (although I may have made my way on there, only to encourage Peter obviously!) We came home to play some more and as Fiona was leaving Mum decided to tell Peter there was a baby inside Fiona's tummy to which he looked a little confused but started stroking it and saying "baby"! He then lifted her t-shirt up to see if he could see it but looked more confused when he couldn't. Next he moved on to dad and tapped his stomach and said "baby" to which all three of us were in stitches! Kids say the funniest things as they say!

As Peter left we said that he would soon have a little baby friend to play with, no doubt he is impatient, but lets face it he isn't the only one!

2 comments:

  1. Hold in there hun your transplant will come and itll be a good one. I know how hard it is to wait. BUt it'll be worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly,
    I stumbled across your blog after searching for a blog about dialysis. I have been doing it for about 15 months, and am waiting a transplant. I like your blog alot. It seems like you are still very active even though you are on the machine. I think I read that you were in school, is that right? Im very impressed. You can read my blog at shoppingscootergirl@blogspot.com but I haven't written much about dialysis yet. I hope its ok that I put your site on my blogroll. Let me know if its not.
    Allison

    ReplyDelete