Sunday 7 March 2010

Rough week...

Just a quick update to say that I'm still alive!

Blogging has taken a back seat while I started work and got settled in, I promise to keep it more up to date when I can. I am liking it at the nursery but have seemed to have picked up a bug from some of the snotty children! I got sent home from work on Tuesday afternoon but had been feeling ill for almost a week before that! I went to my GP on Thursday (I changed my working day to the Friday thankfully) he didn't seem too concerned and gave me some anti-biotics and said take them if I need them and sent me to Warrington Hospital for bloods. I thought I would be ok but got the prescription anyway, I went to work on the Friday (7.30am start!) and felt really ill but was determined to get through the day... I started the anti-biotics at lunch time and today I still feel really ill, achy, cough, going hot and cold and I have no voice! I had to cancel plans with friends today which really annoyed me and reminded me of how I used to have to do this when I was on dialysis!

Anyway I am due at The Royal hospital tomorrow for Bloods and I may pop up to the renal ward if I am still feeling bad to see if I can see a Doc. I feel stupid for moaning about this when there are so many people out there that are so much worse off than me, including Rachael Wakefield... please pop over to the Live Life Then Give Life Ambassoders blog. Rachy is having a really tough time at the minute and has been told that without a transplant soon, she doesn't have long left to live. This pails all my problems into insignificance so ignore my ramblings above, read this blog about this inspirational young lady and then sign the Organ Donor Register if you haven't done so already.

Rachy's story and others like her spur me on to keep campaigning, I appeared in my local paper again talking about the Manchester Roadshow that Rachy, I and others attended to encourage people to sign the register. You can read this here. A few of us appeared on BBC North West as well which was immensly nervewracking but I was really pleased with the final edit.

When I read Rachy's blog, see her posts on facebook and watch her piece from BBC North West, memories of Jess come flooding back. I don't want to lose another friend just because people haven't got round to saying yes to Organ Donation.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you soon feel better Holly. Hugs. I also hate it when I have to cancel plans because of my health but unfortunately it happens to me quite often at the moment.

    I mentioned Rachy in my latest blog update. Well done for continuing to raise awareness of organ donation.

    Moll x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweetheart, never feel bad about needing a good whinge.... I still do it and I have nothing to complain about in comparison to Rachy and co either!

    Everyone needs to vent now and then and your blog is an excellent place for it. Besides, being poorly the first time after transplant is pretty scary (I cried when I first had a bad virus as it reminded me so much of before my transplant!) so massive hugs to you.

    Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete