Wednesday 10 March 2010

Rachy got the call...

Just a quick update to say my friend Rachael Wakefield got her call for a double lung transplant today :) I got a text at 4.20am this morning and have been on tenterhooks all day waiting on any news, constantly checking my phone, facebook, blogs and twitter! Finally the news came through at 5pm that it was all a go and she was off to theatre!

I am so thrilled for her and her family, she really does deserve this second chance. Rachy had recently been put on the urgent transplant waiting list and I was extremely worried about her as it brought back so many memories of Jess! Of course Rachy is not out of the woods, she has got a long operation ahead of her and an even longer recovery. She is one tough cookie though, and I know she can do it!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEimbZsJb6DrPgvWTLlhnANnEo3XVLcj-RfMPlUfmJ4Ko8lU1ry3TwvxI5W3raLfCgYxgflrtg8Q9E5X9wGg5mx33p7ZCsJYeIBTlN6X-Bl_imlVHrhN5ujE-hCRONzWWMkVM5JjBkimkug/s320/Holly+and+rachy.jpg

She has promised to take me to TGI Fridays and I have promised her a night of cocktails, she best keep her end of the bargain, cos I will definately be keeping mine! Keep up to date with Rachy's progress here and of course on her own blog here.

I am of course thinking of the amazing family who said yes to Organ Donation at such a devestating time for them. You could do something amazing today and save someones life... sign the Organ Donor Register and give people like Rachy a chance. Thank you x


No comments:

Post a Comment